Getting Rid Of Snakes
When it comes to getting rid of snakes - for safety reasons - you need to treat all snakes as venomous. Snakes can be dangerous so it is best to call a qualified professional for all your snake removal needs. The Skunk Whisperer® team members are highly trained experts at snake control and we know how to remove snakes safely from your home or property.
Venomous Snake Removal & Control
There are poisonous snakes in Oklahoma and it is very important to treat all snakes as though they are venomous!
Often it is hard to tell what kind of snake you have stumbled upon, poisonous or not, without getting up close and personal – something you do not want to do with a dangerous venomous snake such as an Oklahoma Copperhead, Water Moccasin (Cottonmouth) or Rattlesnake.
You should always call a professional when you need to remove snakes from your property. We are highly trained snake control experts.
The Skunk Whisperer® can assist you with all of your reptile snake problems. Founder Ned Bruha can be seen in the photo above helping an Oklahoma resident with their snake control problems.
In the photo below, you can see a team of Skunk Whisperer® employees receiving advanced snake removal training.
We know how to get rid of snakes, professionally and safely.
We prevent snake access around your home via time proven snake exclusion methods. It does not matter if you have a nuisance black rat snake or rattlesnake, copperhead, water moccasin, cottonmouth or garter snake. We know how to get rid of snakes and provide snake control.
Simply utilizing traditional snake trapping with inhumane snake traps is unlikely to solve your problem. We can humanely remove snakes from under your home, business attic or crawl space before they have their babies! One snake is bad enough - imagine a whole family.
Prevention is key when it comes to successful snake control and there preventative steps that can be taken to help prevent snake problems around your home, including yard maintenance and some repellents.
Sometimes it is just not practical to constantly remove snakes and a snake repellent is needed. Do not waste your money with “Snake Away” or other toxic moth ball and sulfur snake repellents, give us a call if you need an all natural, non-toxic snake repellent.
Holes in homes are a great way for snakes to get inside. Note the green arrow on the photo just below. It is pointing at the head of a 5 ½" black rat snake sticking out of a small weep hole on a brick house, under the charcoal grill. This snake was not stuck; it was coming and going freely from this snake removal client's walls through the weep holes and attic.
These weep holes are indeed small, but a large snake does not need a large hole to gain entry into a building. Weep holes are needed to allow many brick buildings to breathe, so we custom installed weep hole covers to remedy this snake issue once we got rid of the snake. We know how to get rid of snakes, remove, and also relocate snakes if mandatory.
Home And Yard Maintenance
You can save a lot of money by using prevention as your main weapon against snakes… the best way to manage nuisance wildlife problems is via preventative maintenance. Basic, but vitally important changes will drastically help you get rid of snakes. Grass must be kept short; this includes your neighbor’s grass. If your neighbors have tall grass, you may still get snakes. If your neighborhood has rat or mouse issues, snakes will follow. Do not feed wildlife; the food will attract mice or rats. Eliminate junk and brush piles. Tree trimming, home repairs, a well maintained property and garbage control will also go a very long way.
- Trim or remove trees so that they are 12-20′ from home and outbuildings.
- Trim and remove trees with a budget in mind. Trees grow up to 3′ a year!
- Trim vines, bushes and trees 12-20′ from all fences.
- Only allow wildlife resistant fences to touch house (do not provide them a ladder. Wrought iron spiked fences with decorative finials can be made unattractive to wildlife).
- Snakes love attics – do not give them a ladder to your roof.
Roof, Chimney And Home Repairs
- A majority of the calls we get are due to roofing problems.
- Replace damaged and rotted siding and trim.
- Have us install a chimney caps and covers on your house vents.
- Block access to the underside of buildings, porches and decks.
- A cedar roof is an invitation to insects and wildlife.
Practice Good Habits
- Tightly cover all garbage cans.
- Do not feed your pets outdoors.
- Do not feed the birds.
- Do not feed the squirrels.
- Cut and remove thick underbrush.
- Eliminate brush and garbage piles.
- Mow your lawn frequently. Encourage neighbors to do the same.
- Tall grass will make your property more attractive to snakes.
- If you have a rat or mouse problem, snakes will soon join the party.
9521 B Riverside Parkway, #343
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74137-7422
Please send all payments to the
Tulsa location, and emails to: