Wildlife Control Services
These are just a few examples of how we can help our clients with wildlife issues and everything that comes with them. Pet and livestock safety needs are often tied in with wildlife control problems and methods, even trapping and relocation can be required on rare occasions.
Because these services are intertwined we have become quite knowledgeable in these areas over the years. So to better serve our clients, we've added them to our list of available services.
Many of our services, such as exclusion and proofing, have side benefits as well, proper wildlife exclusion as illustrated in the photo below, can also help keep insects and small lizards out too.
What To Expect From Our Methods
We specialize in getting wildlife out and keeping wildlife out - for good. Nuisance wildlife control and removal is our specialty.
Trapping is seldom part of our humane solution in many situations. Although we offer this service, the disadvantages to trapping make it a wildlife control method we prefer to avoid when ever possible.
Below is a photo of Ned Bruha, a Wildlife Whisperer employee, feeding an orphaned baby squirrel he found stuck in a wall and dehydrated because the homeowner trapped and relocated the mother.
We were called to this property to find out what smelled like a dead animal - it was all of this squirrel's brothers and sisters.
- Inspect your property with a comprehensive check list
- Determine what, if any, nuisance species is causing damage
- Determine why wildlife wants to call your property home
- Explain all options available
- Preventative alterations, if applicable
- Evict wildlife, if applicable
- Damage remediation, if applicable
- Education and prevention
Our total wildlife control solution will take two trips in most cases, and may be more expensive but last longer, if not forever. Our combined overall effort of making your buildings unattractive to wildlife via several proven techniques will help you coexist with wildlife without conflicts.
Things We Look For During Inspections
Once we know exactly which species of animals, spiders or insects a client wants us to exclude from their building and property, we can start an inspection. Every building and property is totally different. A few of the hundreds of things we would be looking at are as follows:
- Leaf and stick pile buildup or underbrush
- Wood pile placement
- Stone landscaping
- Erosion on foundation, driveway or concrete slabs
- Standing water
- Downspout extensions or French drains
- Holes and paths under fences
- Sheds or decks with wildlife access/shelter
- Mast bearing trees (nets/food)
- Bird feeders
- Pet and livestock food outdoors
- Tree branches or bushes touching/growing over building
- Pond management
- Creeks, rivers, lakes and drainage ditches bordering property
- Debris and junk piles
- Compost piles
- How many squirrel dreys (nests) can you see in neighborhood?
- What do the animals and pests eat here?
- Holes or tunnels in lawn
- Are neighbors feeding pets or wildlife outdoors
- Feces or signs of digging
- Woodpecker damage to trees
- Holes in trees or landscape giving wildlife and pests shelter
- Attic roof vents
- Chimney caps and screens
- Roof condition and holes
- Siding condition and holes
- Woodpecker damage
- Gutter problems
- Are gutter covers needed?
- Are gutters full and damaging roof?
- Water leaks
- Attic screens
- Soffit screens
- Damaged insulation
- Chewed wires
- Feces or nesting materials in attic
- Dryer and other vents
- Weep holes
- Cracks in foundation
- Foundation vents
- Crawlspace doors
- Crawlspace vents
- Garage door seals
- Door sweeps
- Is outdoor lighting attracting wildlife and pests?
- Insect or spider issues
Traditional Wildlife Control Methods Vs. Our Methods
Killing or live trapping and relocating troublesome animals is a traditional method of critter and wildlife control that doesn't necessarily work.
Because properly fixing the structure the wildlife damaged is much more labor intensive, and not as easy as simply taking the animal from point A to point B, most companies inadvertently only provide temporary repairs, if any, and therefore only provide temporary solutions that will result in the same problems repeating themselves over and over again.
Many wildlife control companies attempt exclusion modifications (fix the house so wildlife leaves but cannot re-enter), but still don't know how to do it in a manner that will continue to work long term - if at all. If more people knew how to make the proper alterations to buildings for long term results, many companies would still not change their approach because of the difficulty, business overhead, building materials and tools required for proper repairs. If you truly want to get wildlife out - and keep them out for good - give The Wildlife Whisperer a call, we know what to do.
1242 SW Pine Island Rd., Suite 310
Cape Coral, Florida 33991-2126